Here are some resources that I have found/used over time. I hope they might be helpful to you as well. This is an ever-growing list.
Great books on Texas barbecue
- Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto – by Aaron Franklin. Talk about a great way to learn about the basics of smoking meat from the master!
- The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue – by Daniel Vaughn. This book is amazing. I absolutely loved reading this. I go back again and again. Daniel, @bbqsnob, is Texas Monthly Magazine’s barbecue editor. Talk about an expert on Texas barbecue. He is amazing!!
- The history of barbecued ribs – a well-researched article from Serious Eats
- Beef ribs – the new favorite rib
- Brisket prices are increasing
- Dispelling some of the top myths about barbecue
- BBQ With Franklin – Aaron Franklin videos on YouTube